Thursday, February 16, 2006

Being a SAHD (stay-at-home-daddy)

Before traveling to China to adopt our baby, I was making a great salary, working a dream job and on a promising career path. To quit my job and potentially throw away all I'd worked for and achieved was a hard decision. Add the fact that I'm not a college graduate and suddenly this decision becomes...uh...more hard? Catastrophicating? Please forgive my vocabulary...My Public High School education has limited my use of certain brain stems. Particularly, the stem that leads to the Roget's Thesaurasamone. With this pedicel sealed, my lexicon is exiguous. But I digest...

I may freak out occasionally (a lot) about getting back into the workforce in a few years, but I don't regret my decision. I'm enjoying every day and the kid is absolutely amazing. I can add diaper changing, child psychology and baby management to my resume. Not sure if I can add "Flirt with hot moms at Starbucks" to that list, but its still a sweet perk.

My daughter is Elena. We adopted her at 9 months. She rocks.